Monday, April 24, 2017

Swanning around in my Timpe Tee

Guess what - I sewed something for myself again! I think I like this new development of sewing for me.


I'm always on the lookout for a good t-shirt pattern, and after seeing various (striped) versions of the Timpe Tee HERE, HERE and (of course) Annika's awesome version HERE, I wanted to try it for myself. You'd think I would have gone for the stripes given my love of the versions above. But people, the swans!! (They ARE swans, right? Okay, I just Googled it and it looks like they are, phew.) 


You know I love this print so much that I ordered it twice? Yes, you read that correctly: twice. Before I even used my Nosh fabric, I placed another order for more. Who does that except crazy fabric hoarders, right? But I feel justified now because they seem to be out of stock in the grey. Don't worry; you can still get the other colors here (and you can always check the site for their new arrivals). 

I was going to share it with my daughters, but I think I will keep it for myself, because it is so comfy-cozy!!


Okay, so the pattern - it's the Timpe Tee. This is a pattern from Schneidernmeistern that has been translated into English, and you can purchase it from the Nah-Connection shop HERE. I made the smallest size, but I think my Asian genes are working against me on this one. They will not let me fit properly in this cool pattern (I am giving you the side-eye, petite mother of mine, and don't think you're off the hook either, dad). 

I realize it is meant to be boxy, but I probably could have sized down for a better fit because as you can see, the neckline and the sleeves are a bit wide for me. As it is, I had forgotten to add the seam allowance to the sleeve hem, yet I think it worked out fine. I might have forgotten to add enough seam allowance to the hem of the shirt as well, oops.


That said, I am definitely going to keep wearing this tee because it is so comfortable -- and as a mom running after two children, that is my main criterion. And also, have I already mentioned the swans? I love them so much. I blame the very lovely Ute for my renewed appreciation of this beautiful bird. And for the color grey. Oh wait, I can't blame her for that one, haha.


If you want to sew one for yourself, check out the Nah-Connection shop here

*Thank you to Nosh for this amazing fabric, and thank you to Annika for giving me the opportunity to try this pattern. I was gifted both the pattern and the fabric, but all opinions are, as always, my own.

Happy sewing :) 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always ! Love grey and love swans so you can guess I'm in love with your version ;) ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Soso! I have been wearing it pretty much nonstop since I made it :)

      Delete
  2. Oh this is fabulous! I love that fabric. Even more funny, I don't remember seeing that in the shop....uh oh, did I miss out on something hehe. I think you look great. Maaaaaybe you should size down for the next one but it's nothing I would have noticed unless you mention it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mie! I can see now I am getting into this bad habit of not replying to comments until much later, I'm sorry!! And yes, I think I will try to make it smaller for my next one, but since I made the smallest size...might have to use my brain a bit more, haha.

      Delete
  3. Those swans <3 <3 <3 The tee looks lovely Emi. I agree, there is no clothing better suited for chasing little ones as comfy knit items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenya! My closet is calling out for lots more comfy knits!

      Delete
  4. Oh Emi, I think this must be my favorite of all the items you made for yourself so far. I love the print on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, really Eva? Thank you so much! I think I must love it, too, judging from how often I reach for it ;)

      Delete
  5. Love that print on the Timpe tee and I like the slightly oversized look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sasha! I'm tempted to make myself another one in the pink colorway (I might have gotten a bit carried away when ordering this print). ;)

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik